WE CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
We protect and use the personal information you provide us with to safeguard and enhance your V3 Apparel experience.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
"Personal Information" means any information about an individual whose identity is apparent or can be ascertained, directly or indirectly.
The information we collect about you when you buy our products, register or use certain features and services may include the following (collectively referred to as 'Personal Information'). Most of the Personal Information we collect about you will be Personal Information that you have voluntarily provided to us. In general, you can visit our Site without providing us with any personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address and any other information necessary to process your order. However, if you elect not to provide the Personal Information when required, some of the services and/or features available on and/or through the Site may not be available for your use, such as the ability to make a purchase.
Automatically collected data
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.” We may combine this device information with other personal data we collect about you.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
Upon visiting a website, web servers log your interaction with the site in a "log file". These contain and collect basic information and track actions occurring on the Site, including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring and exit pages, date and time stamps and which pages were viewed. This information is then used to analyse trends, administer the Site and services and understand how users interact and move through our Site so we can continue to provide a seamless shopping experience.
Web Beacons & pixel tags
"Web beacons", "tags" and "pixel tags" are electronic files that allow us or preferred service providers to track non-personally identifiable analytic information about your visit and how you browse and use our Site and services (such as pages viewed or links clicked). Pixel tags and web beacons also allow us to track behaviour such as which and when an email is opened, what links were clicked, IP address, browser or email client type and other similar details so we can review this information and improve our features and Site for customers and members.
Data you voluntarily provide
Additionally, we collect Personal Information you voluntarily provide to us in connection with your access to and use of our websites, your online purchases of our products or services, interaction with us at events, pop-up stores and exhibitions, through contact via email, telephone, written or text, and other channels or media such as social media, competitions, research activities or an event registration service. In particular, we collect personal data directly from you in connection with the following activities:
- Contact details: including your name, postal and billing address, age and date of birth, gender and other relevant demographic information, contact details such as your telephone number and email address.
- Login and account information including screen name, password and unique user ID
- Personal details including gender, hometown, date of birth and other demographic information;
- Order information which includes your contact details such as your name, shipping and postal address, email address, payment or credit card information, purchasing history and mobile and telephone numbers;
- Personal preferences including your wish list, marketing, and cookie preferences. Also, your browsing activities on any of our websites including which items you add to your shopping cart;
- Images, photos and videos and location
- The opinions, preferences and interests, and product or event reviews that you publish on our websites or share with us online or through social media.
- Your communication data, such as requests, complaints and any other data that we receive if we communicate with you via email, telephone, text, messenger, online or via social media.
- Data we collect regarding your participation in a contest, event, sweepstake's promotion or survey.
- Social network information including your social handles, credentials and any information from public posts about V3 Apparel or your communications with us.
- Any other publicly available personal data, including any which you have voluntarily shared on public platforms.
The Personal Information we collect from the above other sources listed above will be used in the format that it is received, or, where appropriate, will be combined with Personal Information we obtain from other internal or external sources. This list is not exhaustive and in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this policy. We may also collect personal data from other internal or external sources, publicly available sources and third parties who have received your consent to pass your details on to us. We use and analyse this Personal Information where necessary for the following purposes detailed in the section below.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information we receive will allow us to process, arrange and up to date you with regards to your order, create an account, update the information within your account, personalise our product offering and improve your shopping experience, making it more efficient, smooth and enjoyable. We will also use the Personal Information you provide to us for the following:
- To administer and provide an online account for you to store, update and view your details for a faster shopping experience. It also provides a section to view your purchase history. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in better understanding users expectations and needs and to improve our websites and services;
- To provide products and services to you, which includes payment processing, handling your purchases, sending order status updates and notifications via email or SMS, and processing exchanges and returns. The legal basis for processing your Personal Information in this way is for the performance of the purchase agreement between you V3 Apparel.
- To improve our products and services, using the Personal Information you provide us with to help us understand how you use our products, services, and Site, to develop our website, services, and products. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest in providing better products, services, and websites for you and our other customers.
- To provide and maintain effective communication with you, including customer support, and to troubleshoot problems with our websites. We will use your Personal Information if necessary to process your request, for example, we will use your order information and contact history to help process your request and to provide a quick response to your query. This is necessary for the performance of a contract with V3 Apparel and for our legitimate interest in providing you with a functional website. We will also process your Personal Information in this way if it is necessary for us to comply with any legal obligations.
- If you have participated in an event, contest, prize draw, sweepstake or other promotion, we will use your Personal Information for submission and publication on our website or a third parties. This is necessary to fulfill the performance of the agreement between you and V3 Apparel related to such promotion.
- To conduct analysis and research relating to your use of our Site, services, advertising, and marketing materials. It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in understanding our customers, their needs, and expectations and ensuring that our website, services, and products meet the needs of our customers.
- We will also use your Personal Information to manage and develop V3 Apparel's business and operations to determine company performance and to understand where improvements can be made. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in understanding how our business is performing, to improve our selection of products, services, and websites, and to explore ways in which we can develop and enhance our business and performance.
- To measure your social media engagement and interactions with our brand. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in understanding the efficacy of our marketing strategies.
- We take fraud very seriously and remain committed to actively detecting, investigating and preventing fraudulent transactions, error, negligence, breach of contract, violation of our Terms and Conditions and other illegal activities. We may use the Device Information we collect to help us screen for potential risks and fraud. For this purpose, it may be necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests to ensure we are not the victim of fraud and to protect our legal rights, that we may need to share the Personal Information we collect and to comply with court orders, governmental requests or applicable law.
- We will use your Personal Information to build a profile on you in order to understand how you use our products and services, to develop more interesting and relevant products and services, to improve our website, as well as to personalise the products and services we offer you. We process your Personal Information in this way as it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in providing better products and services for you and our other customers.
- We may use your age, year of birth or confirmation to confirm customers meet the required minimum age in your country for online purchases and for data protection and/or marketing law purposes. The legal basis for this processing is the legal obligation we have under applicable laws to protect minors information.
- To comply with our legal obligations, including those related to money laundering, fraud prevention and those required for you to benefit from rights recognised by law, or any regulatory requirements or provisions. The legal basis for this processing is compliance with our legal obligations under laws in the EEA, Switzerland and other jurisdictions in which we operate.
- When you visit our Site, sign up to receive V3 Apparel newsletters, marketing materials or online features such as the Wish List or Back in Stock feature, we use your Personal Information to offer you tailored opportunities to purchase products, attend events or receive our content that we believe may be of interest to you. These opportunities may be supplemented with information from third parties to help us create a more personalised experience. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing information about services and products that may be of interest to you unless applicable law requires us to obtain your consent, in which case we will do so.
- Our websites use re-targeting technologies which allow us to show our visitors, who have already expressed an interest in our brand, products, and services, advertisements from V3 Apparel on partnered websites. We believe that adverts based and tailored to individuals interest is much more pleasing to receive than adverts that do not have a personal These technologies analyse the information we collect about your interactions and behaviour with our website and together with information obtained from other parties, including your cookies, help us create advertising campaigns that best suit your needs and interests. In addition, we also advertise and work with partners who use tracking technologies to serve adverts on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect Personal Information about your visits, interactions, and behaviour when visiting our websites and your interactions with our communications. They will only collect this information to the extent that you have consented for marketing purposes. Please also note that these parties may also transfer information compiled to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on behalf of these companies. We will process your data for re-targeting purposes with your explicit consent. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing information about services and products that may be of interest to you.
- We use Personal Information we hold about our users and customers (this includes anonymised information) to carry out analysis and research to learn more about your preferences, to identify patterns and trends, enhance user experience of our websites, provide information, content and offers tailored to customer needs, for general research and statistical purpose, to monitor product and service performance, to display online ads to you and to help develop new products and services. We carry out analysis and research on the basis that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in understanding our visitors and customers to ensure that our products, services, and websites meet the needs of our customers.
PROFILING AND AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
If you wish to opt out of any automated processing or profiling please inform us by contacting our customer support team.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
V3 Apparel takes your online security and data protection very seriously. In order to provide the services you request from us and for the purpose of operating our business, we may engage third party vendors, agents, service providers, processors and affiliated entities to provide services to us and/or on our behalf.
This may include support for internal website operations; payment processing, logistic services, Services such as technical support processing and related offline product support services, data storage and other services. In providing their services they may access, receive, maintain or otherwise process personal data on our behalf. We contractually instruct and ensure trusted partners conform to the required data protection and security laws, applicable under their jurisdiction. We also ensure third parties adequately safeguard personal data and only process it to provide services to V3 Apparel and to you, and for no other purposes.
In addition, we may also disclose your Personal Information to partners we co-operate with to offer a particular service, but only where you have consented or requested that we may do so. For example, if you win a contest, sweepstake or other promotional competition, we may disclose winners names online. We may also share your information with third-party partners and co-sponsors where relevant. In such cases, we will clearly notify you of the sharing, and you will have the choice not to participate or to otherwise object to such sharing.
We may also use the Personal Information that is aggregated and no longer personally identifiable for purposes such as marketing and reporting and we may disclose this aggregated information to trusted third party partners.
We may also share your Personal Information upon governmental request, in response to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants or other circumstances when required by law, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), to enforce our website and company policies, or to protect our or others' rights, property or safety.
In addition, Personal Information may also be disclosed to purchases, investors, funders, other companies within our group and advisers or as part of any sale, merger, assets transfer, restructure, acquisition or similar event.
Please also be aware that certain aspects of our website are not confidential and are available for public viewing. Any submissions you post to any publicly available blogs or other publicly available features of our websites. By making Personal Information publicly available where our websites or services allow you to do so, you consent to such publication by V3 Apparel, our service providers, and agents.
We may also disclose information about you, including Personal Information to any other third parties and in these instances, we will where required by applicable law, obtain your consent to share your Personal Information in this way.
We also use your Personal Information to help serve targeted advertisements, product recommendations and other communications to you. To enable our trusted partners to provide these services to you, we may provide Personal Information about you, such as your name, address, email address and transaction history. These companies may use data about you in order to provide product or service recommendations that may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of these communications please contact our customer support team. More information regarding targeted advertisements can be found at the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at optout.aboutads.info.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Please be informed that V3 Apparel may transfer and process your Personal Information outside of the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA). While some countries have adequate protections for personal data under applicable laws, in other countries V3 Apparel will take the necessary steps required to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfer. An example of this would be through our e-commerce platform provider and data processor, Shopify Inc. A Canadian based company which provides services and processes date from users around the world. As a UK based company, Personal Information collected by V3 Apparel within the EEA is processed by Shopify's Irish affiliate, Shopify International Ltd. but as part of their service and commitment to data protection, Personal Information from customers and users within the EEA may be transferred out of the EEA to other regions including Canada and The United States. In order to ensure that your information is protected when transferred outside of the EEA, Shopify relies on the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks which were designed by the U.S. Department of Commerce, the European Commission and Swiss Administration to provide companies with a mechanism to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States.
Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, we note that we are generally processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above unless we are required by law to obtain your consent for a particular processing operation. In particular, we process your personal data to pursue the legitimate interests listed above, either for ourselves, our users and customers, our partners or other third parties.
Subject to certain limitations and exceptions (view restrictions here) you have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information is corrected, updated or deleted as per the following legal rights regarding our processing of your personal data.
- The right to be informed: You have the right to request information about your personal data and how we process your data.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct or supplement inaccurate or incomplete personal data we process about you.
- The right of access: You have the right to request access to, or a copy of, any personal data or supplementary information which we process about you.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase any personal data we hold or process about you.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from V3 Apparel.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. This includes withdrawing any consent you have given us and, to opt out of any direct marketing communications we may send you.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling which produces legal effects or similarly significantly affects, or causes distress or damage to you or anyone else.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection law: ico.org.uk.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, you can contact our customer support team. If you would like to file a complaint regarding our data protection practices please contact your country's supervisory authority. For the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner's Office which is available at ico.org.uk.
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which such personal data was collected unless a longer or shorter retention period is required by law, is necessary for the course of legal proceedings or is otherwise needed for a particular purpose under applicable law.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13 years of age and we do not intentionally collect Personal Information about children under the age of 13. If you believe we have collected information about a child under the age of 13, please contact us (see contact details below) so that we may take appropriate action to delete such information. In addition to this, if we become aware that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information about children under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
If you are at least 13 but under 16 years of age, we will obtain or request prior consent from a parent or legal guardian prior to using your Personal Information and also take steps to verify that the person giving consent holds parental responsibility.
V3 Apparel is committed to protecting your data and has a variety of security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Information. These measures can be found below:
Our websites have an added layer of encrypted security through the use of Secure Socket Layers (SSL). SSL certificates encrypt the content of our website and provide a secure channel between two machines or devices operating over the internet. For example, between a users web browser and our web server. This ensures any Personal Information we process or any you provide us with online remains secure during transmission. This certification has been provided by Let's Encrypt. You can review our security certificate by navigating in your browser to the lock icon next to the website URL.
When you place an order through any of our sites we will ensure that your credit, debit and all other payment methods are not being used without your consent. We will take steps to validate your name, address and other Personal Information supplied by you during the order process against the appropriate third party databases. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation.
In addition, we also do not allow the storage of payment details through the 'My Account' feature on our websites and will never store your card's CVV/CVC numbers.
We also have a built-in fraud prevention system which works to analyse, investigate and verify all orders. V3 Apparel will never ask for your payment information or for confirmation of any bank account or payment details via email. if you receive an email request asking for this information please ignore it and do not respond.
We have also implemented a range of security controls in place to protect our IT infrastructure from any unauthorised or unlawful processing, destruction or damage. We also regularly conduct and review procedures to detect, report and investigate a personal data breach or cyber attack to ensure we are ready should this occur.
In addition to creating your account, accounts may be created during the ordering process. You can login to, or manage your account by clicking the '' located at the top of any web page. After logging in, you will be able to modify your contact information, view your order history and update your billing and shipping addresses. For security reasons, we do not allow for payment information to be saved with your account. Under no circumstances will we store your card's CVV/CVC number anywhere and for any reason. Please remember that you are responsible for protecting your account username and password and as set forth in the Terms and Conditions, you will be responsible for all activity occurring through the use of your username and password.
When you use the hashtags referred to by V3 Apparel on social media networks, (#V3Apparel and #V3Women) to tag your photos on these social networking platforms you acknowledge and give V3 Apparel your consent to feature the tagged photos on our websites, social networks and to link products to those worn in the photos. To request removal of any shared photos please contact our customer support team. Please note, when you submit a photo using a hashtag set forth by V3 Apparel, your use of the social networks is governed by the terms and conditions of those sites.
On occasions, we may provide links from our website and services to other websites and applications operated by third parties. These links are provided for your convenience and are intended to add value to your visit or the content in which it is included. While these third-party websites and applications are selected with care, V3 Apparel does not have control over these websites and applications, which are independent of V3 Apparel and have separate privacy policies and terms and conditions. Please be aware that our policies no longer apply when you leave our website. Therefore, V3 Apparel cannot accept liability for the use of your Personal Information by these organizations and will not be responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, availability, reliability, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in third-party websites or applications linked to our websites and services. We strongly encourage you to consult the terms and privacy policies of any third party websites and applications before using their sites.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have any questions, or if you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact our customer support team here or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: May 18, 2018